Advantages of Porcelain Restoration
One of the most common complaints of the traditional crown is the dark gray line that occurs where the tooth and the crown meet at the gumline.
This is caused by the metal in the crown as well as the fact the light is not penetrating the tooth to give the root some vitality. The all-porcelain crown can overcome this handicap as well as provide greater strength. Veneers, crowns, and bridges can now be fabricated solely from solid porcelain. This allows the tooth to retain its translucency and beauty yet maintain unsurpassable strength.
Updates and Breakthroughs
Recent breakthroughs in adhesives, combined with the development of stronger porcelain materials, allow us to make crowns entirely out of porcelain. A Zirconium-based core has proven be as strong as metal. All-porcelain crowns maintain a translucency that makes them hard to tell from natural teeth. Without metal, the problem of a dark line at the edge of the gums is eliminated.
The benefits to you at a glance:
- Indistinguishable from real teeth
- Highly aesthetic due to natural appearance
- Form and color can be individually adjusted to your dental situation
- Exceptional durability and stability
- Bio-compatible, tissue-friendly and suitable for patients with allergies
- No unpleasant hot and cold sensation